Thinking of visiting Tahiti? Great idea! There are many beautiful things to see. For many, traveling to such a destination can be expensive even if they are using credit cards with best rates. From passport fees, to plane tickets, to sightseeing, it can all be a bit overwhelming. Use your best credit cards for good credit to create your dream vacation. Choosing a destination that is so far from home can be a scary thought.
Financial mumbo jumbo aside, we have compiled a list of reasons you should visit Tahiti, as life will quickly pass you by and this opportunity may never come knocking again.
1. Museum Of Tahiti and the Islands: This museum tells the story of Tahiti through artifacts. The exhibition includes Polynesian history, ethnology, culture, and environment. If you are the kind of person who appreciates history and culture, this is a must do.
2. Punaaui Beach: If you are one for the sun and exotic fish, this is perfect way to enjoying some relaxation while experiencing nature at it’s finest.
3. Paul Gauguin Museum: Art enthusiast or not, you will be impressed with this museum. The museum is dedicated to the works of artist Paul Gauguin. It is home to sculptures, engravings and wood carvings that are inspired by his French Polynesian life.
4. Tahiti Lagoonarium: Swim with fish, sharks, and rays. This is a calm, safe environment in which you can become one with the environment. This is great for those who have never snorkeled, as well as those who consider themselves experienced in the area of sea life.
5. Maraa Grotto: A fan of optical illusions? This cavern is equipped with a black lake that creates just that – a perfect photo opportunity that is rich in history and beauty.
6. Point Venus: The landing site for many famous explorers including Captain Cook, Point Venus is surrounded by black sand and natural beauty. With absolutely no development surrounding the point, the black sand against blue oceans creates a beautiful contrast that is not comparable.
7. Fautaua Waterfall: This wondrous site cascades more than 980 feet over volcanic cliffs and is one of the tallest waterfalls in the world. You would be a fool not to visit.
8. James Norman Hall Home: This is a replica of the home of the famous author. For Mutiny on the Bounty fans or non-fans alike, you will find interest in the life of Hall.
9. Nemo Cruises Day: Spend the day in the middle of the lagoon; swim with turtles, fish, and rays. Or just relax on a beautiful boat. Either way, this is sure to be one of your favorite experiences in Tahiti.
As a side note, it is important to understand the climate you are about to experience. The summer months of November through April consist of hot and humid weather, but with these activities that include water and indoor activities, finding an escape from the heat should be no problem. If you would like to experience the cooler side of Tahiti, you should think about planning your trip outside of those months. No matter what month you opt to visit, you will be glad you did.
Dreaming of Tahiti already? Good, plan your next vacation and enjoy all that this island has to offer. Make sure before you book, that you understand requirements and laws regarding international travel. Doing so will save you from any mishaps to and from this incredible vacation.